Friday, November 19, 2010

It's been awhile (again!).

I'm not going to make (a lot of) excuses for being MIA recently.  School and work were keeping me busy, as well as various mini-getaways and such with K. 

I'm also kind of weird in that if I feel pressured to do something, I sometimes pull away and avoid doing it.  I felt like I was pressuring myself to write, even if I didn't feel like it.  So I stopped updating for awhile.  Now I feel like it again, so here I am.  Amazing story, right?!  Anyway, on to the updates.

I've been to a couple of Steelers games lately.  Oh, how I love tailgating for Steelers games!  We had a lot of fun last week, even though we lost.  Boo.  Can I also say I'm glad Jeff Reed is gone?  I know a lot of people think he's the world's most amazing kicker EVER, but I was never impressed.  Watching him blow a 26 yard field goal sealed the deal for me last week.  Not to mention that he manages to get himself into all kinds of trouble off-field... which annoys me.  I digress.

I love Pittsburgh.  It has a special place in my heart.  Steelers games are a celebration of our awesome city and team, and celebrate we do! 


No words for this.  Yes, that dog is wearing a dress.

As my friend M dubbed this... the Yinzer taxi.  Not our ride, unfortunately.



A few weeks ago, K and I went to a bed and breakfast north of here for his birthday.  It was pretty fun, and totally different from anything we've ever done before!  It's a huge, old fashioned mansion.  The rooms are huge, and each one has a different theme.  You dress up and go to a really formal dinner there, and you also get a large buffet breakfast in the morning.  Despite being the youngest people there, we had a pretty fun time!


There was a complementary fruit/snack tray in the room when we got there...


As well as a bottle of champagne!


Well that's all I have for tonight!  K and I are going to grab some sushi, and put up our Christmas tree!  I KNOW it's not even Thanksgiving yet.... but I have the Christmas fever.  Seriously,  I can't wait to decorate this year!  I almost bypassed decorating for Thanksgiving, but since we always have the family over here for dinner, I figured that might be kinda weird for people who aren't me. 

Any fun weekend plans?  I'll be sure to post a picture of our Thanksgiving/Christmas decor fusion sometime this weekend!

6 comments:

  1. My blog was lacking a while back because I was so uninspired. I think we all go through cutbacks and for me, the blog gets the axe first. Glad to see you back though!

    I have Christmas fever too, I'm so ready to do some shopping. We really need to get a tree, and soon! :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just glad to see you're back. Yeah, blogging/tweeting should always be fun and not just another chore. Yay Christmas! I'm so glad I don't work retail anymore because it made me so cynical about Christmas, now I can enjoy like a normal person :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started a little Christmas decorating too! Seems our town is already in the spirit as well! Love THE STEELERS PHOTOS!! How adorable is that dog!! Yeah can't believe they lost last weekend...and then the Eagles won...that hurt! Still love the Steelers! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am jealous of your B&B trip! (And, jealous of that dog's dress! LOVE dogs in clothes!) I think we'll try and do something close0by and low-key fun like the B&B for our one-year anniversary this March. How did you pick yours?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I might have to try the upside-down trick if I ever make a turkey!

    ReplyDelete