Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween and Other Things

For Halloween, I went as Sookie Stackhouse from True Blood (K and I LOVE this show!).


My friends C and J went as Snooki and JWOWW from Jersey Shore


And K... K went as his favorite animal EVER.


Yeah.  He's a frickin' cat.  Ohhh husband of mine. You are a unique one!  His costume was outrageous.  There was spandex, a tail and a v-neck t-shirt.

A good time was had by all!  We danced, drank amazing spiked apple cider (One gallon apple cider, 1/2 - 1 cup of butterscotch Schnapps and Captain Morgan to taste.  You'll thank me later), and laughed a lot.

Yesterday night, I decided to make Haluski.  My boss gave me a super easy recipe, and I was so excited to make K one of his favorite meals.

All you need is two cabbages, two onions, one cup of water, a stick of butter and salt & pepper.  Slice up and combine everything in a stock pot.  Cover and cook for 90 minutes on medium.  Once caramelized, add in cooked egg noodles, some more butter and there ya go!

Don't ask me for a picture.  I can't post it. 

You see... later that night, I woke up at about 3 AM.  SICK.  As in hugging the toilet bowl sick.  You get the picture.  I don't know why!  Maybe it was the haluski.  I know when I woke up I felt like I could still smell cabbage in the air... which made me bolt for the bathroom.  I'm sorry, is this TMI?  I can't even tell anymore, I just ramble stuff off to anyone who will listen.

Anyways, I was so sick, I didn't get to sleep until 5 AM.  Still have no idea why.  After I FINALLY fell asleep K and I awoke to this at 6 AM:



Rihanna's "Disturbia" BLASTING full volume from our spare bedroom/computer room.

We both awoke in a panic.  K jumped out of bed and staggered into the other room to find this:


Sitting by the computer keyboard, staring at K like "What?  So I turned on the jams.  Get over it."

Don't even ASK me how Bad Kitty figured out how to turn on the music.  Just don't.  I don't even recall having iTunes open.  All I know is that he was hungry, and apparently eager to get us to wake up.   My poor neighbors probably really appreciated his attempt at an early morning dance party. 

Oh, and after all of this, I managed to vote this afternoon.  I swear, I vote every election... and I still get grilled by the little old election ladies like I'm a 15 year old trying to sneak in a vote.  I know I'm small, but I swear I'm old enough to vote.  I also get carded every time I order a beer in a restaurant, but I don't get carded buying a handle of Captain Morgan and wine at the liquor store.  Hmmm....

Did anyone else vote today?  Who is excited for all of the political TV ads to be OVER?  This girl is!

7 comments:

  1. My best friend got carded recently for a rated R movie... I had no idea the even DID that!

    Aww, bad kitty just wanted to get his day off on the right foot, err, PAW. He thought a little Rihanna would do the trick I guess! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I know it's really not funny, but I totally LOL'ed at Bad Kitty turning on Rihanna this morning! I can just imagine that scene. Haha oh lordy.

    Anyway, sorry you got sick :( Cabbage makes my mom puke so it very well may be that. Glad you felt well enough to vote, though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOl @ the bad kitty!! Love your costume! I don't know the show so to me you just look like a bloody waitress! But I love the blonde wig and the blood! LOL too at your husband's kitty costume.

    Hope you're feeling better...I bet it was the Steelers loss that made you sick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahaha! Your pics threw me into a fit of giggles! And the Badkitty story, EPIC! Glad you had a good time, minus the whole getting sick :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your costumes are great!! And your cat is hilarious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGISH am I excited for the ads to be over?!?!?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such great costumes! Love yours! And YES- SO happy the election is over so those ads can go you know where! xoxo

    ReplyDelete