Monday, January 31, 2011

Not Without Coups, Baby

Have you guys ever seen this show?



Seriously, how is that even possible?!  I was getting a big FAIL in coupon cutting.  I used to clip coupons, but I usually ended up throwing them away.

While I don't even understand how the people on this show are able to combine SO MANY coupons in one order... it does prove how lucrative clipping coupons can be.

Recently, I started really getting into the whole coupon clipping thing, in order to save some money on our grocery bill.  I read the grocery store/Target ads and see what the weekly specials are.  Then, I go through all the clipped coupons to see what kinda stuff I can score for cheap (or free!).

For instance, I had a coupon for $.75 off Crest toothpaste.  I saw my local grocery store was selling them -  2 for $3.  My grocery store doubles coupons under $1. $1.50 - ($.75 x 2) = BOOM.  Free toothpaste.

I've been doing pretty well lately.  I got 2 things of Dove deodorant for $.45 a piece.  I bought organic milk chugs for $.25 a piece.  Tuna salad kits for $.50.  The list goes on.

One way I'm able to get some pretty valuable coupons is through the use of coupons.com and redplum.com. If you install the coupon printer, you can print out some legitimate coupons that'll save you a ton.  Make sure your grocery store takes them though - some places won't take anything that is printed off the internet.  Hasn't been a problem for me at my store or Target.

The other way I'm staying on top of the deals is this sweet website: Hip2Save


It's run by a deal loving mom - and she always has hints on the best places to score stuff for free, including the stores where your coupons can go far, or free giveaways online.  She updates multiple times a day, so I tend to read it whenever I get the chance!   Definitely check it out.

Do you guys clip coupons?  My co-worker says clipping coupons is only for people over the age of 40.  Disagree!  I love saving money.

5 comments:

  1. http://wedding.allwomenstalk.com/real-wedding-military-love-in-pittsburgh/

    Hey Christina!!

    I'm so excited about this post and for the SUPERBOWL!! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couponing saves us mad amounts of money, mostly at the grocery store (plus our savings card). But that, up there, in the video? INSANE. I can't tell if she's a genius or just crazy, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Christina!

    Me again! I was wondering if you would be interested in doing a guest post on my blog @ Wedding.Allwomenstalk.com Were starting a honeymoon series if you would like to join us. Send me a note, would love to have you on there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those coupon clippers on TLC are RIDONKULOUS. Spending 80 hours a week just looking for coups?! Hell no. However, I am like you, I've started clipping out of our local newspaper and have used coupons.com. I'll have to check out those other sites too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh friend, this made me <3 you even more! :D

    DH and I are avid coupon clippers. We are even luckier because MIL has a friend who stocks her with piles of the weekly red plum and coupon inserts! :)

    Our problem is buying things we don't need because we have a coupon!

    A few weeks ago, our bill was $300+ and we ended up paying $140 :D

    ReplyDelete