Friday, July 30, 2010

A Burgh Wedding: The Day Before

I post frequently as a Hive Hostess on the Weddingbee boards.  I love wedding planning, looking at wedding pictures and reading about people's experiences... but I've never actually posted my own recap.  I figured it might be fun to fully summarize our wedding.  I'll add recaps a few times a week (or less, depending on how unmotivated I am), and hopefully share some wedding inspiration, ideas and wonderful memories.  So lets start with the rehearsal, non?
Note: These rehearsal pictures are all non-professional, taken by the people I love: family members and my friends/bridesmaids!


June 17th went like a flash.  Honestly, I barely remember what I did that morning.  I think I paced in a circle for 6 hours. Eventually I stopped spinning around, packed up my car with everything we needed for the next week, and left our home for the last time as a single lady.

I picked up some bridesmaids, and we jetted over to the hotel.  I had booked two rooms for 5 of my 6 bridesmaids and I to stay in the night before.  Two of my ladies and I got ready for the rehearsal and dinner at the hotel, and we were off to the church to practice!

Bridesmaid Steph, MOH Jen, MOH Christy, et moi.
Look at him bossing someone.  Isn't that cute!
Cute (and blurry) overload.

The rehearsal went pretty quickly.  Ok, it was over so fast that I was RACKING my brain, trying to remember what we were supposed to do, and when!  Fortunately, the priest told us he would give us verbal cues, and he promised not to let us screw up!  (Wonder if he was right?  Stay tuned).

After the lightning fast rehearsal, it was on to the rehearsal dinner at the delicious Monte Cello's.  While dinner was being prepared, we handed out gifts to our bridesmaids, groomsmen, attendants, and family members.

Parents looking at their engraved frames, with the stock photo still inside. *FAIL*  Not entirely my fault, more on that another day.
My ears are still bleeding from the SCREAM our flower girl let out, when she opened her gift!

Then, Kenny and I exchanged gifts.  This was a moment I was really looking forward to.  I had been waiting months and months to give him his gift: a beautiful Bulova watch with 32 diamonds (what can I say, the man likes diamonds!). I was so nervous for him to open his gift from me, I had shaky hands the whole time.  I just wanted him to like it!


First, one of his gifts to me... a new Coach purse!  Oh, be still my heart.
He also got me a Coach makeup bag, and a Coach umbrella.  See why I married him?  I kid.
Now he's opening his gift.  I am literally diving for my drink in this picture.  I was nervous!
Mission accomplished!
My wonderful MsOH (maids of honor) gifted us with the most awesome, engraved champagne flutes!  I would highly recommend these as a wedding gift for someone... they're really beautiful in person.

The dinner went well, and the food was delish.  Our cake from Bethel Bakery was INCREDIBLE.  Chocolate cake with chocolate fudge filling and buttercream icing.  Drool.


We parted ways, with my ladies and I heading back downtown to the hotel, and K and his groomsmen heading back to our house for the night. Our hotel was in Station Square, so we of course went out to Bar Louie for a bottle of champagne and to chat, before we went back to the hotel for the evening.



Next up... We go to the salon and get our hairs did. 


No comments:

Post a Comment