Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A Burgh Wedding: Gettin' Pretty

All pictures were taken by my lovely bridesmaids and/or the salon staff!  

I woke up the morning of the wedding feeling great.  I got about 6 hours of solid sleep, which is all I wanted.   I did find out, however, that I was talking to myself as I slept.  Remember how I told you that my husband tends to talk in his sleep?  Well, apparently he rubbed off on me.  One of my bridesmaids told me that I was going on and on about lists.  "Ok, I got that done, I got that done, and that's all finished.  Now, I just need to finish this..."  If that's not a sign that our wedding needed to get here, I don't know what is.

The hotel provides a free shuttle, that will drop guests off and pick them up from any location in the downtown area.  Perfect!  We hailed our shuttle and it was off to the salon for some hair time.

Of course, the salon had our appointments screwed up, even though I called to confirm at least 3 times.  They had 4 of my 6 bridesmaids down as "wash and blow dry."  Yeah, not going to work.  Since they had it all wrong, and consequently didn't have enough stylists for us, the owner came out and styled 3 girls.  Fortunately, this resolved the scheduling error and I was back to being a blissful bride.  

The salon had a nice set up for us, with a sitting area, some wine glasses (black and white, what a coincidence!), water, soft drinks and plates for food.  


Starbucks was right next door, so we entertained ourselves with some coffee and pastries. We brought champagne and orange juice as well, to properly start the day.

Oh hai, I'm getting married in 6 hours!
No makeup and gorgeous hair.  Beautiful, huh?  My one bridesmaid's expression in the mirror says it all.

The back, all done!

We finished on time, and everyone looked fab.  The trip to the salon was part of my gift to my ladies, and I was able to use my old student ID to get 20% off, which was a bonus (Hey, I'm always looking for a deal).  Next, it was back to the hotel for a quick pizza lunch, and then, things really started moving.

Up next... some wedding deets.

No comments:

Post a Comment