Sunday, December 5, 2010

All I want for Christmas (is to lose my wisdom teeth?)

Ugh.  I'd like to lose them without the pain and fear... if at all possible.  Not realistic, I know.  Instead, January 14th (or doomsday, according to me), I will be freaking the hell out because that's the day I'll be getting these 4 jerks removed.

I've never been put under sedation before.  Even though this will just be "twilight sedation," I'm still scared big time.  What if I don't wake up?!  I know, such a stupid fear, but it still freaks me out.

Wishing for spontaneous tooth disappearances aside, I thought I'd jump on the Christmas list train and share my Christmas wants!

Source
In case you didn't know, I am OBSESSED with makeup.  Obsessed.  The amount I spend on makeup is shameful and embarrassing, at best.  I need to write a makeup post one of these days, only because I have tried SO many brands of various products. 

I love Sephora, and one of the reasons why I'm such a fan is their liberal return policy.  Use something a couple times and hate it - even after you've thrown away the box and receipt?  Return it to the store and they'll give you an in-store credit for the retail price.  Helps me to not worry about wasting money on something I end up hating, ya know?

Anyway, I really want the above gift set.  It's $39 and has allll kinds of goodies to try out.  I put the hint out to K (and by hint I mean shopping list with kit name and price), so I'm hoping to find this under the tree for me this year!

I'd also love these socks:

Source
They're Brookstone N-A-P socks, and they are heavenly soft.  I've never owned a pair, but I've drooled over them in the store multiple times.  3 pairs for $20, and my feet will be grateful.  Hey -- we keep this house at 64 degrees at any given moment.  It's cold in here!  K likes the gas bill to be low, so cozy socks and blankets are how I survive!

On to the more "wishful thinking" items...

Source  

Kate Spade.  You yummy little pancake.  Why do I have such a weakness for your lovely items?  WHY?  This purdy wallet makes me happy.  I want!  It can be used as a clutch too.  See how I'm justifying?  For $140, I'm going to have to justify a lot... though I wouldn't protest if my husband bought it for me.  Just sayin'.

Now for more wishful thinking:

Source
I know it's overplayed, but I wouldn't mind a pair of UGGs.  Why not?  Well, I could never justify purchasing these for myself.  $180 for boots?  Outrageous.  However, I did spend that much on my wedding shoes, which although fabulous - will only be worn on the most special of occasions. I could probably get some use out of these, considering my backyard occasionally looks like this:
 

What "wishful thinking" gifts would you like for the holidays?

5 comments:

  1. I am so adding that Sephora kit to my wishlist. I've never used their stuff but will have to check them out. I was just complaining about my make up! Time to switch brands.

    PS - Can you tell Santa I want Uggs too? Gray cardy ones size 8. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had my wisdom teeth out a few years ago and I cursed out the doctor if I was going under. I told(yelled at) him that he was trying to kill me because he gave me too much medicine and my heart was going to stop. Yeah, I went crazy. Apparently everyone in the office thought it was really funny. I understand your fear :)

    BTW those NAP socks are awesome. I have a ton of them from when I used to live in Ohio :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh crap you just reminded me that I am supposed to be doing something about mine..... bummer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your wisdom teeth! I won't lie, it's not pleasant. However, it's a pretty quick recovery, and it's not too bad! My dentist surprised me by telling me two had to come out and then taking out all four! I survived, and you will too :)

    ReplyDelete