Sunday, December 12, 2010

Weekend Recap

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend!  I attended my friend's ornament exchange party on Saturday - and it was lots of fun!



For the ornament exchange, everyone purchased an ornament, wrapped it, and we each pulled a number.  The first person to pick would unwrap an ornament.  The second person could either unwrap an ornament or steal an ornament that has already been opened.  Nobody could steal an ornament that had been stolen more than 2 times.  

I, of course, stole this ornament from my friend.  What?  Sorry... I have a weakness for shoes and I'm OBSESSED with this ornament now!


I mean... look at the inside:

"All I want is peace on earth and really cute shoes!"

So true.  So true.

In other news, we got our floor in the entryway to our house redone.   Here's what it looked like before:


It was cheap vinyl that has probably been here since the house was built.  See how it was starting to peel up?


Well, I caved to K's wish to get wood laminate installed.  I really didn't want to spend the money (and DIY is not an option with us, we are NOT handy people!), but it turned out so well - I think it was worth the investment.


Hopefully when we try to sell our house in a couple of years, it'll impress a potential buyer!

Hope everyone has a nice week!  I have a final on Tuesday, and then I'm free to forget about school until mid January!

3 comments:

  1. Your before floor is how our front threshold looked. I redid mine myself and it was not as pretty. Yours looks amazing!

    Love that ornament, I may have to DIY that one for myself. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That IS a super cute ornament! And the floor looks soo good! Just a dramatic improvement from that awful vinyl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh we are doing an ornament exchange on Friday!!! i cannot wait

    ReplyDelete