Thursday, December 2, 2010

Secret Santa

Today we had a little "Secret Santa" party at my office- with gifts under $10.  It was really fun, and a great way to get into the holiday spirit!

I got my co-worker gifts from New York & Company while out shopping on Black Friday at midnight.

I got her this cute ruffles wallet (the silver one in the middle):

Source
...and a pair of sparkly earrings.  I ended up spending almost exactly $10 (it was just over with tax), because NY&Co was running a 50% off sale + extra 10% off in the morning on Black Friday.  Gooo me!

My friend at work had me for Secret Santa, and she got me some awesome gifts!

These are my absolute favorite candles of all time.  Forget Yankee (which never smell as good when they burn, IMO), Slatkin & Co candles from Bath & Body Works are the best!  They must be 90% oil, because they make my entire house smell uh-maz-ing.  


Try them.  I promise you'll swoon.  They make awesome gifts.  They're also often on sale for 2 for $20 in the store.

She also got me the most amazing socks ever (also from Bath & Body works):


These socks are infused with a pretty scent and Shea butter.  They're super cozy, they make your feet soft and smell nice (bonus), and they have little skid-proof pads on the bottom.  Win, win, win!  Apparently, the scent and Shea butter only last after a limited number of washings, but I am totes lovin' them right now!

We all brought in some stuff to share for lunch too.  I made my Pepperoni Dip.  Seriously guys, this stuff is a crowd pleaser every time... and it's SO easy to make!

Pepperoni Dip

2 bricks of cream cheese
2 cans of cream of celery soup (trust me on this)
2 packages of pepperoni (sliced).

Combine in a small crockpot.  Cook for 3-4 hours on low.  Stir occasionally. 

It's gooey, pepperoni goodness.  Thank me later ;)

9 comments:

  1. I have a different recipe for pizza dip but yours sounds good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh yes yes yes! Slatkin & Co candles are my new obsession! I bought the small size of the Fresh Balsam candle and I literally want it to be lit 24/7 because my house smells like a Christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, I was gonna ask you about your pepperoni dip! mmm

    You guys got some great loot for under ten bucks, damn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you got fun stuff for the Secret Santa!:D

    I love Slatkin & Co candles too!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, looks like I have to try out that candle! Sounds great! And you are just on a shopping roll lately, woot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow you got that for $10 ummmm fabulous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, never tried those candles before - I'm going to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was here referencing back to your spiked Apple Cider and I decided I would share a yummy winter drink recipe back to you :)

    This is so yummy ! I recommend you try it :

    Gluhwein

    Bottle of red wine (dry and cheap-)
    One orange cut in 8ths with 2 cloves inserted into each piece (leave the rind on)
    1 cup water
    ...2-3 Sticks of Cinnamon
    Sugar and Honey to taste
    Nutmeg, All Spice or Your choice of winter spices-Spice to taste

    Heat everything on the lowest setting (do not boil- just warm or steep) about 1 hour~Strain and serve warm

    ReplyDelete
  9. I WANT THOSE SOCKS!!!!!!! And I had never heard of those candles... I will definitely be checking them out.

    ReplyDelete