Wednesday, October 13, 2010

All I Do In Europe is Eat Carbs and Drink Coca Light.

I'm totally not kidding about the title.  Carbs and I are good friends here in Brussels.  In the morning, I usually have pastries, followed by lunch with bread and dinner with bread.

And then there's Coca Light... otherwise known in the US as: Diet Coke.



It's so much more appealing out of a tiny glass bottle, poured into a glass full of ice and lemon.  Europe knows what's up.

I went to a mall today for lunch, and ended up in a French restaurant.  Nobody really spoke English, so I was forced to speak in French the whole time.  Amazing part is... I did it!  I ordered, ate, asked for the bill (l'addition, s'il vous plait), and said thanks.  I was proud of myself!  Yes, I am lame.

Oh and speaking of carbs, let's talk waffles.


So, I had a little bit of a waffle fail.  Well, you can't fail too hard when delicious waffles are involved... but it was a slight fail.  I really wanted a waffle, and I jumped the gun.  I bought a waffle from the first place I saw, which happened to be the above waffle van in a less populated area.

I ordered a waffle with chocolate, but they were out of chocolate.  LAME.

I ended up with a waffle covered in coffee sauce.  It was really good, but I knew I could do better if I looked in the more touristy areas of Brussels.


Seriously, I couldn't even wait to take a bite before taking a picture.  I am carb-o-saurus, raaarrrrr.

Anyways, I found the gold mine of waffles today.  Things got real serious.



UM, I'LL TAKE ONE OF EACH, PLS.

Ok, I just had one.


Seriously, this thing tasted like heaven.  Words fail me.


I was going to take a picture of the empty, chocolate stained plate it was on, but I housed this thing so quickly, I was actually ashamed of what a hungry snack monster I was being.  You think I kid, but I can eat a Big Mac in under a minute. What do you think I did with this thing? Waffle CARNAGE.

So, I threw away the evidence.  I'm going to dream of this waffle tonight.  Mmmm....

When I don't fit in my jeggings for the flight back to the US, you can find me crying in a corner of the airport, stained in chocolate and tears.

Anyhoo, time for a shower and BBC 3.  Have I mentioned that I love this channel?  I'm going to miss it once I leave.  British reality shows are a win!

9 comments:

  1. Seriously, she's not kidding about the Big Mac.. I've timed her. Its fascinating. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not lame, I'm mega impressed with your French skills. After 5 years, all I remember is, "Je ne sais pas," which is fitting I guess, haha. That waffle looks Uh-mazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm I want a waffle NOW! That looks amazing. I'm uber jealous. Also, I see nothing wrong with eating all the carbs you want. Europe does know what's up :) I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear god. I would enjoy eating that, I do believe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are really making it hard on all of us with these amazing photos lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, that looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, these look delicious!:D Enjoy, you could always work out!;D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm laughing out loud all over the floor right now... "in the corner covered in chocolate and tears" - I LOVE IT!

    What I don't love? Coffee covered waffles, I'll pass on those! Hahaha. However, I would like one of the strawberry and chocolate covered ones. Afterward, I'll be in the corner with the carbo-saurus. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG How did I miss that you're in Europe?! Well it could be that we were packing and moving for the last two weeks and no im unpacking!! WOW your trip looks amazing...always wanted to go to Europe and I hope we go some day. Are you going to go to Italy? Waffles look awesome in that last photo! Hey Big Ben is coming back to the Steelers this weekend! Enjoy your trip!!

    ReplyDelete