Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I'm back!

So, I'm officially back home.  Hi everyone!  It took awhile to get re-acclimated due to jet lag and my overall Slurpee-like state of mind, but here I am.  Europe was, in a word, fabulous.  I had an amazing time, and I'm rather proud to say I had a pretty sweet experience, despite being on my own!

Let's talk about the flight, shall we?  The flight to Brussels was 8.5 hours long.  Business class was amazing, and it was a definite once in a lifetime experience, as I could never fork out the money for this kind of a ticket on my own.  Sorry, K... when we eventually make the trip over on our own, we'll be crammed in economy. Le sigh.

The seats were amazing.  They convert into a bed with a push of a button, and were actually comfortable.  The 15" personal screen was my favorite part.


I called Kenny while other people boarded, and got a little emotional.  It was the first time I left him since we were married, and I was sad.  I downed some champagne, picked out my dinner from the in-flight menu, and eventually got over it (the champagne helped).


I tried watching Eclipse for the third time, but the Bella/Edward making out scenes in the beginning were making me feel a little weird, since I was sitting next to an older man.  Awkward.  So, I watched some on-demand TV episodes, and before I knew it, dinner was served.  Appetizer and salad were first.


Yes, I took pictures of my food.  They guy next to me looked at me at one point and was like "is it that good?"  Ha.  It was good, but honestly, I just tend to over share everything (if you haven't noticed). Also, I'm  easily impressed and amused, especially since I've never had more than a crappy sandwich or bag of peanuts when flying, so this was exciting for me.


I chose lasagna for dinner.  Really good, actually!  After dinner, I tried to sleep.  Really I did, but sleeping on a plane is difficult.  It's kind of loud, and I was excited!  I kept flipping the TV to the map to see where we were.


Cool, huh?  Eventually, after 5 or so hours of dozing in and out, I was flying over Europe.  The sun slowly rose, and for the first time, I got to see another continent. 


We landed, I grabbed my bags, and I was off.  As I was headed outside of the Brussels airport to grab a taxi, a lady ran up to me and started hurriedly asking me something in French.  Uhhh.... I guess I looked like I was from Brussels.  That's good , I guess.  What wasn't good was that I had noooo idea what the heck she was saying!  I told her (in French) that I didn't understand, and she nodded and walked away.  I so wish I spoke more French, but at least I was able to say that much!

How amazing is it that the majority of the people I spoke with could speak fluently in no less than three different languages?  I had a cab driver (who was obsessed with Shania Twain and Nashville, go figure!), that spoke six languages.  SIX.  I really wish I had been taught a different language at a young age.  I'm older now, so it's so much harder to learn. 

The hotel was only a 20 minute cab ride away, which wasn't so bad.  I snapped pictures with my phone along the way.



Tomorrow I'll show you guys my cute little hotel room.  I miss it, actually!  I think I miss the room service and the constantly cleaned bathroom the most.  Hotel living really isn't that bad, even when you're by yourself!

5 comments:

  1. Well, clearly you and I are meant to be BFFs. Please see this post and I think you'll know why: http://burningriverbride.blogspot.com/2010/07/antiguan-antics-flyin-first-class.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous! I can't wait to see more pictures!



    And your food on the plane looks so good ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I've never flown anything but coach before, super jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude, business class looks like THE way to fly. Hotel rooms are so much fun, I love going on trips because of the hotels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also wish I was better at languages!!!! And that plane food looks DELISH!

    ReplyDelete