Monday, October 4, 2010

I Need To Pack.

So, I'm leaving for Europe this upcoming weekend.  Surprisingly, I haven't packed yet.  I'm Type-A so I always feel the need to have everything done in advance.  Grad school has really taken a chunk out of my time, unfortunately.  However, school hasn't stopped me from making lists while I sit in class.  I am the list queen.


Notice anything particularly amazing on that list?  Yes, you read it correctly... I finally broke down and bought JEGGINGS, thanks to my friend Layla's recommendation.  They are amaaazing. 


Back to packing.  So anyway, I made a list of some of the outfits I'd like to take to Europe... including a few new things I bought this Friday when K and I made the error of going shopping.  Care to see some of my favorites?

I've actually had these shoes for a couple of weeks, but I love them.  I'm not much of a flats girl, but I needed some cute ones for walking/sightseeing purposes.  The silver ones are Nine West, and the black ones are Tahari. I love the details on the Taharis.



I don't shop at Kohl's very often.  I feel like I can never find any clothes that I really like there.  I had much better luck this weekend.  I got this cute belt:




You like?  I plan to pair this with a black Kensie dress, gray leggings and my black Tahari flats for the plane ride to Europe.  I usually travel in dresses, with leggings in the cooler months.  I'm most comfortable that way, and I feel like I look presentable.  I care about dressing nicely, what can I say?  I'm not a sweats-in-public kinda gal.


Apparently, Lauren Conrad from The Hills has a line of clothes at Kohl's.  I bought this cardigan from her line, and I think I may be in love.  Kohl's, I'm going to start giving you more chances.

Source

How about the pretty neckline on this INC short sleeved shirt I got from Macy's?


Très mignon, n'est ce pas?

Cardigans anyone?  I love the ruffles.  I actually bought this from Marshall's.  


I'm really trying to only check one large suitcase.  I'd have trouble moving around a foreign airport with two checked bags, plus a carry-on.  I'm a notorious over packer, so we'll see how that goes.

Has anyone traveled over-seas lately?  Any recommendations on what to bring/what not to bring?  I'm taking any and all advice I can get!

7 comments:

  1. You and Layla have convinced me to get jeggings. I'm doing it because I HATE when my skinny jeans bunch at the knees with boots. Biggest pet peeve ever, you know how I feel about this! haha I love those flats, can I borrow them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo I love your flats! Why can't I find some like that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dislike Kohl's but if LC's line is as cute as that top, I'll have to zip in there. I always feel like I have to search for stuff. Blech.

    Oh, and also -> EEK! Europe! Exciting stuff. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paris in August! Looks like you're covered, mostly. I'd take more jackets, honestly. It's probably going to get way cooler at night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you are ready to go, loving those ballet flats!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute shoes!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who has trouble finding stuff at Kohl's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, I'm so glad I got you and Christy to drink the jeggings kool-aid!! Once you go jegging, you DON'T go back! :D

    I loathe Kohls...never find anything in there...but your stuff is cute, and another blogger always finds great stuff at Kohls! Maybe mine just sucks?

    ReplyDelete