Monday, October 11, 2010

Bienvenue à Bruxelles

Well, I'm here!  I'm pretty jet-lagged still, but I'm making the best of it.  I never realized how difficult a 6 hour time difference is when traveling East.  Right now it's 6:00 PM here, and 12 PM back on the East coast.  Boggles the mind.  No seriously, my brain is really confused.  It's aware the time is different, but it can't get over the fact that I should be eating lunch right now, not about to have dinner.  Same goes for sleeping!

The plane ride here was pretty much the best flight I've ever taken.  I'll post all about that later.  For now, take a look at some of my pictures from my first day here.  When I say Brussels is beautiful, that's a total understatement.  It may be one of the prettiest places I've ever been.


The food here is unbelievable.  Brussels is known for their chocolate, waffles, french fries, and mussels.  So far, I've tried the mussels from a restaurant in La Grand Place (A huge area of shops, cafes, restaurants and sights to see).   They were soooo good.   They gave me a ton... yikes. I finished them all though.  Clean plate award for me!  I can't wait to try the waffles.  That's on my list for tomorrow!


Speaking of food, it's time for dinner.  More to come tomorrow!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my I am super jealous!!! You better enjoy yourself to the max!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you're having a FAB time!! I'm so jealous of all the good eating you get to do. Eat a little extra for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And by the time your brain gets acclimated, you'll be coming home! Jet lag stinks! Looks like your having a blast. I'm an uber-foodie so you'll have to let us know how those waffles were. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks amazing - have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! Amazing pictures. I had no idea what a beautiful city it was!!! You better clean plates the whole time... I bet the food is amazing!

    ReplyDelete