Thursday, October 21, 2010

More Brussels!

Did you know that in Brussels, gratuity for most cab rides is included in the fare?  Yeah, me neither, until about 3 days into the trip.  That explains the HUGE grin I got for tipping the cab driver 5 Euro once we arrived at my hotel.  Oops. 

I loved my hotel room.  So cute and cozy.  I wish I could have that room and bathroom in our house.



I am in love with this bathroom.  Bright, clean, modern... it even had a towel warming rack and magnifying mirror.  I want.


To make me even happier, the complimentary toiletries were L'Occitane.  I loooove this stuff, it smells like lavender and spice. Pretty sure I've been mispronouncing it wrong for like a week though.  Gah, I never fail to sound like an idiot.  I was pronouncing it lok-taine.  As I typed out the name, I realized I was reading it wrong.  It's pronounced "lox- ee- tahn," according to the website.  Whoops.  I'm dumb.


Anywho, after I was done unpacking, I decided to take a picture of myself; the only picture of myself I have from this entire trip.  I needed to show what I looked like after a whole night of travel, and 24 hours without sleep.  Don't look directly into the picture; your eyeballs may rupture.


AHHHH.  Ok, it doesn't look thaaaat bad in this small size, but honestly, I am so tired in this picture, my eyes are actually somewhat crossed.

Would you like some more sightseeing type pictures from my trip?  Well, of course you do.  

You can always tell where a pharmacy is by the bright green cross.


 Hey brides to be... need a wedding dress?  This is blurry, but I couldn't resist snapping a picture.  Hmmm... that green one is different.



Since Blogger hates when I upload pictures, that's all I've got for now!  Jersey Shore finale tonight, and I can't wait!

6 comments:

  1. I've missed five minutes of the Jersey Shore because I love ya and wanted to read your post. You totally look great in that picture and are craazzzzyy for thinking otherwise.

    I'll take two of those pink wedding gowns please and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool looking city! And if it's any consolation, I've been mispronouncing L'Occitane too because I thought it was pronounced the same way you thought it was, oops. Thanks for teaching me something new, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a nice room!:D

    Thanks for the mini trip, these pictures are amazing!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a niiice room! And that bathroom looks like my kinda bathroom, I love the shower and that mirror!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, first let me say that the picture with the 4 really bright pillars is awesome! But did you check out the guys SHORT shorts that is stretching in the picture?!! Hot! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an beautiful room and bathroom. PS ...You look great for not having any sleep! Love your scarf! These pictures are amazing...I want to travel more! ♥

    ReplyDelete