Saturday, October 16, 2010

Well Hello USA

I'm back in the US!  Currently waiting in the United business travelers lounge... where they at least have free Wi-Fi!  Thank God, because I am sick of paying for internet access.  I take Pittsburgh International's free internet for granted, I suppose. 

I have plenty of pictures and European trip recaps to share.  However, my brain is fried from the 9 hour flight, so I figured that I would answer some of the questions I've been tagged in!

First up, I'll answer questions from the awesome Emily at A Leap Begins

1. Who would be your partner on The Amazing Race? Why?

Hmmm.  Well, I've honestly never watched The Amazing Race.  I'm obviously too busy getting cultured by shows like Teen Mom and Jersey Shore.  If I had to be in a challenging race (I hope there's not any running involved, because I don't really do the whole "physical activity" thing well), I'd probably choose Christy.  We'd be so ready to kill each other halfway through, that'd we'd do anything just to win and get it over with.  Haha, love you C.
2. What actress would play you in a movie about your life?

Someone awkward.  Maybe Kristen Stewart.  She's either a terrible actress, or she portrays Bella's awkwardness really well.  I can't decide which.

3. What is your favorite spice or herb? Or both!

I really like basil and lavender.  I bought some basil infused olive oil by O&CO while in Brussels. I'm kinda stoked about that.  A supervisor at my company in Brussels gave me some lavender infused chocolate.  Sounds odd, but it's really good!

4. What is the one outfit you can put on and immediately feel your prettiest/sexiest/sassiest/most beautiful?

I can wear pretty much anything and feel good, so long as I'm wearing a fab pair of shoes.  Especially heels.  The higher the better!

5. Growing up, what was your most awkward age/year?

5th and 6th grade were definitely my most awkward years. I moved to a rich school district without nice clothes or a big house.  Combine that with being painfully shy and awkward, and you have a girl who was picked on a lot.  Now, I'm pretty outspoken, I've made a hobby of putting rude people in their place, and I have a nice wardrobe. C'est la vie. 

6. If you could choose to be born in any era, which one would you pick?

Probably the 70's.  I would've liked to travel and explore the world when there wasn't as much of a threat of danger as there is today.  The European travel warnings kept me from going to Paris to explore.  I still enjoyed my time in Brussels, but I would have loved to have seen Paris.  Next time!

7. What is your go-to drink at the bar? And if you don't drink...booo. Jk I'm sure you're way fun :)
 
Beer!  I'm such a beer girl.  When I'm out, I usually drink Miller Lite.  I love Blue Moon, but if I have too many I get heartburn :(
 
Next up, questions from Maria at Procrastination Station
 
1. Tell me something new you learned this week (For instance, I’ve recently learned that the health food chia seeds, are what chia pets are grown from)
I learned tons of stuff this week!  I learned how to say a bunch of new stuff in French, I learned that gratuity is included in Brussels cab fare, I learned that jet lag is terrible, I learned how to use a towel warmer, oh, and I learned a new job ;)

2. What what your first concert and/or musical purchase?

How amazing is it that I actually remember these?  Ok, well my first concert was Barenaked Ladies with C and her dad when we were in 8th grade.  The first CD I ever got was a gift from my grandma: Cracked Rear View by Hootie and the Blowfish.  The first CD I ever bought was a SINGLE (remember buying those?!) of One Sweet Day by Mariah Carey and Boys II Men!

3. Describe your favorite pair of shoes. (I don’t care if they’re high heels or flip flops)

Too hard of a question.  That's like asking which of your children you love the most.  I love them all equally.  I'm partial to any of my high, strappy heels. My flats and I have become friends on this trip though, they're much better suited for walking!

4. What book series were you obsessed with as a kid? (Hello! Goosebumps!)

Oh my God, all I did was read when I was young.  I loved Goosebumps (I follow R.L. Stine on Twitter!) and The Babysitters Club!  I also read those American Girl books.  Speaking of the BSC, I wanted to be a babysitter so bad because of them.  I've only babysat once, when I was 13 or 14, and I accidentally called one of the children (a little boy) a she.  He had long hair and was wearing pink shoes, OK?!  Yeah, I'm awesome with children.  Never babysat again!

5. Think back to Instant Messenger. Can you remember any goofy screennames you had? (Who WASN’T a tommygrl, tommygrrl, ToMiGiRl, hahaha)

Hahaha Tommy Girl crap was sooo popular when I was in 7th/8th grade.  I had a Tommy Girl dress that I was so proud of.  I don't remember any goofy screennames!  I think I used the same basic one forever.

6. Name your least favorite food that everyone else in your family seems to love!

 BROCCOLI.  YUCK.  I can't stand it.  Even coated in 3 pounds of cheese, I still gag.

7. What’s your favorite quote?

Some people dream of all the exciting things they want to do in life, while others stay awake and do them. 

or

"Argghhh It's soo hot.  Milk was a bad choice" 

8. Fizzy water or still water?

Still please!
 
 
Now boarding! Xoxo

5 comments:

  1. I love Twilight but Kristin Stewart = badddd. Just bad.

    Goosebumps were always a fave. They were the only semi-scary thing I could get into. I hate all horror movies but Goosebumps wasn't bad.

    Safe travels! Can't wait to hear more about your trip. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post - I loved learning all these tidbits about you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answers, girl!! Glad to have you back in the states. I was worried about you over in Europe w/ all those terror threats :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you back!!! :) and safe!

    ReplyDelete