Sunday, October 24, 2010

Autumnfest

One of the nice things about living in Western PA is our beautiful Fall foliage.  K and I decided to make a trip up to Seven Springs for Autumnfest today, to take advantage of the beautiful weather and pretty leaves.




If you're unfamiliar, Seven Springs is a mountain resort known best for winter activities like skiing, snowboarding and snow tubing.  I used to snowboard in high school (yeah, me.  The one who doesn't do physical activity. Amazing right?!), so I've been up here multiple times in the winter, but only once before in the Fall. 




It was a really fun day!  K and I had a really nice brunch with my parents (the crab pumpkin bisque was amazing), and then we walked around the resort.  They had a craft fair, food vendors, and of course, scenic chairlift rides.





K is not a fan of heights.  He went on the lift because he knew I wanted to go.  Isn't he nice?





The ride home was really enjoyable; I just love fall foliage!




Speaking of how much I love Fall foliage; our favorite part of the day was purchasing a piece of Fall.



At the craft show, a vendor was selling clay leaf replicas.  They make beautiful centerpieces.


Each one is made from the likeness of an actual leaf, so no two are alike.  It's so pretty!  Can't wait to light my pumpkin candle on it for Thanksgiving.


So that was our day!  We spent the rest of the evening watching football.  Well, I spent the rest evening napping on the couch, while K watched football. 

Speaking of football, I can't WAIT for the Halloween Sunday night game next week: Steelers vs. Saints! I also can't wait for the Halloween party that K and I are going to next Saturday.  We're going as characters from a hit HBO show that we LOVE.  Can you guess who we're going as?  Here's a hint... my character is a waitress.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, I LOVE that candleholder! It looks like a real leaf at first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! I really miss the north during autumn (grew up in Ohio, now live in Texas), because it was just SO PRETTY up there in October.

    P.S. I've been skiing at Seven Springs a few times!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooki! From True Blood!
    I know I'm right...aren't I?
    Can't wait to see it, you better post pictures. :)

    Looks like a wonderful weekend, that foliage is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous! Love the fall colors! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite thing about the Fall is the colrs, I missed that while I was in Florida lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks beautiful!!! I feel like I experienced fall so much more in NJ... more trees.

    Also do you say foliage as "FOIL-age" or "FO-lee-age?" I say the latter but the lady on the radio station I listen to says FOIL-age and now I"m worried I've been saying it wrong :)

    ReplyDelete