Sunday, September 5, 2010

A Burgh Wedding: Cake Time

Our cake was really cute.  We had custom penguin cake toppers made from a designer on Etsy, and they turned out perfectly.  K is a huge Pens fan, so the toppers were a fitting tribute.


We forgot to pick a "cutting the cake" song (oops), so the DJ picked something generic ("Sugar, Sugar" I think).


I asked K to behave with the whole "feeding of the cake" tradition because, let's be honest, I liked my makeup.  He was a nice husband and didn't smash it.  However, his dad was LESS than pleased that he didn't smash it in my face!  He was yelling "that's not how you do it!!  That's not right!!"

Well...


Oh yeah, I went there.


His dad thought it was hilarious (as I knew he would)!  He said he was blowing icing out of his nose for 2 hours.  What a cake smashing win, I'd say!


Did you smash cake, or are you planning to smash it, on your wedding day?

4 comments:

  1. Haha! My cousin and her husband smashed cake in the best man and maid of honor's face and it was a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL thats funny!!! I love that you fed it to each other the nice way! We didnt smash it either and everyone was booing at us!! So we put a little dab on the nose and then helped each other get it off...thats when everyone said, "AWW" LOL! I love all your wedding photos...you look so beautiful. GO PITTSBURGH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS...we're Steelers fans...who won on Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @D.Marie: Thank you! Yay Pittsburgh pride!! I was at that game ;)

    ReplyDelete