Thursday, September 2, 2010

A Burgh Wedding: The Reception Begins

Our limo rolled up, literally onto the lawn of our reception venue, and it was time for us to make our entrance.  We milled about randomly, until our DJ got us in order.


In the meantime, our photogs snapped some pictures of a few deets.

Eat n Park smiley face cookies!  How can you NOT have those on a cookie table?!

Ok, where was I?  Oh yeah, our entrance.  Anyway, we all lined up and it was time to walk into our song, "Down" by Jay Sean.  Such an upbeat jam, and it was the one song that K and I agreed on!  I'll never forget how excited I was to walk in with K at that moment.  There was so much energy in the hall, everyone was on their feet, clapping and cheering as each member of our bridal party walked in.  Then, it was our turn...


We made our way to the front, and got ourselves situated.


And then, the speeches started.  K's two best men went first.


They were short and sweet.  BM 1 made jokes about K's tendency to spill things (truth).  BM 2 made jokes about how it was "mind boggling" that K got me.  I always liked BM 2.


MOH 1 & 2 said a few kind words together.  And of course, I ruined the picture with my ill-timed blink.  Surprise.

We ate dinner, then K and I made our way around the room to say heeeey to everyone.  After that, it was time to cut the cake.  We'll pick up from there, next time!

6 comments:

  1. Looks awesome! And your centerpieces turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww Eat and Park...I havent been there since college! I love that the Steelers have yellow smile cookies...I guess the yellow makes it Steelers! LOL! I love your bridesmaids dresses!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS...what a fun song to walk into!! You two look so happy and you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your photos are so beautiful! Sounds like your evening was off to a super fun start. I found your blog on the weddingbee blog post and I am so glad I did. Looking forward to reading more recaps. :-)

    ReplyDelete