Friday, September 24, 2010

A Burgh Wedding: Not The End, Just The Beginning

Our professional photographers hit the road.  Sad.  I said it before and I'll say it again... I wish we would have booked them until the very end!  At least our friends took lots of pictures.




The DJ played our last song "New York, New York."  If you know anything about me, you know how much I (and even K!) love NYC.  We all just stood in a circle and screamed the words.  After the song ended, everyone started chanting "ONE MORE SONG!"  I guess that meant everyone was having a good time!

Unfortunately, the DJ wanted to go home, so we dispersed.  I resisted my Type-A tendencies to make sure everything was being broken down correctly, and got my tired butt on the trolley.

K and I really wanted everyone to enjoy themselves at the wedding, and not have to worry about driving.  We decided to pay for a trolley to pick us up from the venue and take everyone downtown to Station Square, where the majority of our guests were staying for the night.  We booked a block of rooms at a hotel, and it worked out for everyone.

The trolley ride was a blasty-blast.  You could bring drinks on board, so everyone had fun with that.

 



 Once we got downtown, the kind trolley driver snapped one of my favorite pictures of the evening.


A bunch of our friends.  From five different states.  In one picture.  Pretty fun!

K and I headed into the hotel and collapsed in exhaustion.  We were so tired, and we had to get up to go on our honeymoon in several hours.  I can honestly say our wedding was the best day of my life.  I've never experienced such a wide range of emotions in one day!  I've also never felt so much love and happiness from our closest friends and family members.  It was all worth it.  All of the planning, all of the money, all of the eventual stress... it was all worth it in the end.

On that beautiful June day, I married my love and partner in crime.  We've been married for 3 months, and I'm looking forward to 900 more!

Coming up next... the honeymoon.

5 comments:

  1. I love the picture of friends from five different states, all in one photo! It's so rare to have and such a great feeling! Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun group!! Love the trolley pics...esp the ones of your bridesmaids dancing...lol! I left a link on your other post where you asked me about the Steelers pumpkins for the carving kit! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The trolley ride looks like a blast. You are so gorgeous and had an amazing wedding day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! Looks like such a fantastic night. I love the trolley idea, and you look stunning!

    ReplyDelete