Monday, September 20, 2010

Before and After

Remember how I said I wanted to change our bedroom accent wall color?  Well, done and done. 

In case you forgot, here's what our bedroom used to look like.  I had a thing for red,white and black (obviously). 


That red wall took my friend M and I FOREVER to paint.  The interior brick kept sucking up the paint, and we ending up using several cans.  I swore never again.

Well, I lied.


What do you think?

C, showing off her work
This was unbelievably easy to fix.  It's all in the paint though, I SWEAR to you.  Please remember this if you ever need to paint over a dark, or otherwise difficult color: Use Valspar Hi-Def Paint.  It is a lifesaver.

Source   



This paint is AMAZING.  It covered up the dark red paint in ONE coat.  Seriously, one coat!  No primer!  Can you tell I'm excited?  I bought a gallon of paint, and I still have a little under half of the can left.  Covering a red brick wall with only half a can of paint is a miracle in my world.

The paint was a little pricey at $35 a gallon.  I got a $5 mail-in rebate, so that helps.  Oh, and can I add that this whole project came about because Target had a dark brown comforter/skirt/pillow sham set on sale for $17.95 (originally $80!).  I bought two throw pillows from Burlington Coat Factory for $14.95, a little blue Nautica blanket from Marshall's for 12.95, and that lovely little picture for $24.99 at Target.  So, in total, we spent around $100 to redo our room, and have nice, new bedding.  Not too shabby, eh?  Job well done!

Oh, and Bad Kitty approves.

7 comments:

  1. I love the blue brick wall and it goes so well with the brown. You probably saved with the $35 can since you had to use so much paint the first time! Wow $17.99 from $80...thats a great sale! :)

    Couldn't believe that Oprah episode! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- amazing job! The blue looks gorgeous! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have the same bedroom color palette, I love how serene and relaxing the room is.:D

    Great job!:D

    I am your newest follower!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blue is my fave! I'll have to check into that paint since were going over paneling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW what a change! I can't get over it! I'm sure painting that brick was a pain, but this time around it looks great!!! I wish we cared about our bedroom but alas... we are sort of over our house and spending money on it in general.

    ReplyDelete