Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I'd like this, please.

I really need a new camera.  Let's just say I still have to put double A batteries in my current camera.  Let's also just say that it has "issues" with "taking pictures."

I ran into an old high school friend this weekend, and she whipped out THIS beauty:
Source
This is the Canon PowerShot S90.  It is awesome.  Pictures are clear and sharp.  It has all kinds of awesome filters and settings, a 10 megapixel system, and most appealing, a customizable control ring.  This feature pretty much sold me from the get-go.  I think I scared high school girl with all of my camera gushing, but I was really impressed.

I initially reallllly wanted to get a DSLR camera.  However,  I slept through barely passed my photography course in college, and I have a tendency to break expensive things.  Seriously though, I have no idea if investing in a DSLR would be worth it, with my complete lack of camera skills and all.

This camera, however, would let me point and shoot, while allowing me to manually manipulate zoom, focus, exposure and ISO through the little control ring.  I'm totally sold. I know I sound like a broken record, but I'm going to Europe this fall for work.  I've never been overseas, so therefore, I would love to have a decent camera to capture my adventures.  I want.  I want!

I've read reviews, and lots of people seem to like this camera, too.  What about you guys?  Any different recommendations? Anyone use a camera they really love?

2 comments:

  1. I have a DSLR and it's amazing but have yet to find a point and shoot that lives up to it! I would love to take that thing for a test drive. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My camera is a total turd. Actually, it's a totally broken turd that takes emo sliver pictures, because my husband got all drunk at a wedding (not ours) and dropped it on the dance floor and the lens cover things stays open juuuuuuuust a sliver. That was a long sentence. Anyway, it was a turd before it was broken, that was my point.

    So I want a DSLR. Wow, I used a lot of words to say that.

    ReplyDelete