Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Burgh Wedding: Party Time

It was time to celllleeebrateee!  I was adamant about dancing at our wedding.  I'm not much of a formal dancer, but I love to rock it out to my favorite songs!

I was really hoping people would dance at our wedding.  The dance floor at our venue was elevated and at the very front of the room; almost like a stage.  The DJ started by playing an "oldie" song we hadn't requested.  It was pretty much crickets, except for a few dancing family members.  Heck, I didn't even dance to that one.  Then, he played my ONE "allowed" line dance, the Cupid Shuffle (it's honestly the only one I can stand) and everyone came up, and most didn't leave til the end of the night!


The guys took a break to pose with their new Pens and Steelers cuff links.



My shoes took a little break too.  They were so surprisingly comfortable... but the blisters and cuts I had on my feet from my cheap Target heels (that I wore to the rehearsal dinner) were bugging me.  This is why I like more expensive shoes.  They tend to be really comfortable. See how I justify my purchases?  Anyway, our photogs took advantage of my sore feet, and had a photo shoot with my lovelies.


Yes, I drink beer in a wedding gown.  I AM from Pittsburgh, remember? ;)


Our photog stole K and I away for a few quick pictures outside.  They turned out pretty nice; I'm a fan of pictures with a city feel.  I was anxious to go back in though, I didn't want to miss a minute of the reception!



Up next, the traditional garter/bouquet toss that definitely didn't go as planned!

4 comments:

  1. I was so relieved when our dance floor was packed. It took a while, but people finally got out there (they had to get drunk first, of course). I love your BM's dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look amazing!!!

    my biggest fear is an empty dance floor too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shoes!

    I vetoed all "dances" too except for the YMCA. I don't know why, but that one doesn't bug me nearly as much as the other ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun dance photos!! You look like you're having so much fun. OMG Steelers cufflinks...I need to get those for my husband! Steelers won last weekend! WOOHOO! Any way love that last photo with the teal lamp post!

    ReplyDelete