Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Honeymooners Part 2: Foooood!

Honeymoons are awesome.  If you're at an all-inclusive beach location, you just drink, eat and relax.  It's so nice to not have to worry about paying for anything.  Gratuity is included in the price of the package, but we always tipped extra for food.  It just doesn't feel right to leave the kind, hard working servers nothing after a nice dinner. 

Since everything was included, we ate a TON. 

Our favorite place was the seafood restaurant.


With a view like this, how can you possibly go wrong?


We had white fish ceviche and marinated mussels and shrimp as appetizers.  I don't think I had a chance to take pictures of our dinners; we were starving.  Trust me, they were delish.


Our second favorite place to eat was the beach side lunch restaurant. 


K enjoyed the Greek salad as an appetizer....


while I devoured a cheeseburger and Corona in paradise.


We also enjoyed the Japanese restaurant.


I love Pad Thai.


How about some sushi, too?  I'm lucky I remembered to take a picture.  We LOVE sushi.


Our last evening at the resort, we had Italian.  I also had a shiny face.


The deserts were lovely.  I have no idea what this is.  However, it was delicious.


So all things considered, between food and beverages, we definitely got our money's worth.  I mean, we honestly took advantage of every available meal.   I also may or may not have taken advantage of the 24-hour room service at 3 AM  (I wanted a pineapple pizza, OK?!).

We also got dinner and a show one night, compliments of this gentleman.


He decided to take his shirt off in the "nightclub" and run around the bar.  Yowza. 

Oh, and since I promised, here's us with a monkey.


I spared you from seeing me in a bikini (thank me later).  However, K and I are holding hands, and the monkey is standing on them.  How cute!  This picture cost $15.  Not cute.

We went on an excursion, too. Snorkeling in the middle of the ocean (hint: I can't swim well), cave swimming and zip-lining (hint: heights and I aren't BFF).  More on that, next time!

9 comments:

  1. Mmmmm! Looks like a fantastic trip! I am drooling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) You are so cute.
    2) That monkey is so cute.
    3) I'm starving. That sushi looks amazing.
    4) Send me to Mexico.
    5) I'm excited to hear about zip-lining.
    6) There is no 6. I just don't know how to end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!! Josh and I definitely took advantage of the all-inclusive part of our honeymoon. I even told people leading up to the wedding, "I can't wait for the honeymoon. I'm going to eat. That's all I care about." And eat I did :)

    Also, we went on a cruise a few years ago and played with a monkey like that. I was in LOVE! I wanted to take him home. Those lil guys are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol! I saw that pic of the hairy man and thought, "Who is that?". LOL!! Creepy! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the monkey pic...he's holding your faces!! So cute...$15 is a little high for a monkey photo...but who can say they have a monkey photo! ♥ The food, the pool...what a great looking honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That vacation=gorgeous! That monkey=adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwww look at the monkey!!!


    I probably gained like 20 pounds hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy!! I love sea food, I am drooling over that shrimp and mussels app! And what gorgeous pics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, I wish you could have packed me in your suitcase and taken we with you guys! Of course I would have done my own thing and then got back into the suitcase when it was time to leave (or maybe not) but it looks so beautiful there!!! And that monkey picture.... so cute! Definitely a pic worth framing.

    ReplyDelete