Sunday, September 26, 2010

I lied.

So remember how I said I wanted to get this point and shoot camera, due to my lack of photography knowledge and overall clumsiness?

Ok, well that didn't happen.

Instead, we got a DSLR.  The Canon EOS Rebel T1i.  It's pathetic how much I love this thing.  I had the strong urge to hug it last night.  I resisted.  Yes, I am weird.

I'm ready to learn. I want to learn!  Oh, and I bought a 4 year protection plan for it.  No need to worry about my clumsiness, unless I completely submerge this thing in water, or light it on fire.  I'm assuming those occurrences are unlikely to happen.  Especially the latter.

I'm learning, albeit really slowly.  Jenna at That Wife posted some really helpful DSLR tutorials, which have helped me to at least understand what the heck aperture, ISO and shutter speed are.

I took this picture today, after playing around with the shutter speed and aperture for awhile:


It's a little dark, but I just love his face.  He was sick of being my model.  I need to find something inanimate to shoot; something that doesn't swat at the lens.

I leave for Europe in less than two weeks (!) and I'm really excited to hopefully take some nice pictures.  I will be blogging that whole week, so check back for all of that.  I bet I'll have some interesting things to show and tell.  Namely, my awesome plane seat that apparently turns into a bed.

Now, back to enjoying Fall.  The first real Fall weekend we've had here!


PS: Steelers are 3-0!  I smell Super Bowl already ;)

3 comments:

  1. There's that pumpkin ale! Yum. My dog was also my photography subject and he still is, to his dismay. Your pics look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I want your camera. These pictures are amazing! And I love everything about fall beer. I haven't had that one but it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice! These photos are gorgeous! Have fun with the new camera :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete