Sunday, September 19, 2010

A Burgh Wedding: We Throw Stuff At Our Single Guests

Remember how I told you that we failed at the church, and the alter server grabbed my toss bouquet for the "presentation of flowers to Mary" part of our Catholic ceremony?  Whoops.

Fail.
So, I didn't really have anything to toss.  So, I just stole one of my bridesmaids' bouquets.  I really should have just used my own, but I had it in my head that my family was going to magically preserve my bouquet.  They may have taken "magically preserve" the wrong way, because that sucker sat in my parent's basement  for a week while we were in Mexico. Oh well.


It was a close one between two of my friends, but one of my bridesmaids actually ended up the big winner!

My garters were a surprise for K.  Again, he is a huge Pens fan, so I figured a Pens themed garter was the way to go. I ordered these from Garters By Kristi.  They were really affordable, and came in a set, one toss garter and one "keep" garter.


Since I'm constantly needing to know everything, I read about how this whole toss/keep thing works.  Apparently, you obviously toss the "toss" one, and then the groom usually puts the "keep" one on his arm (or the bride can just keep wearing it, but holy crap these guys were getting itchy). 


It's a good thing I researched, because he had NO idea what to do.  Poor K.  I gave him instructions.


Now, to finish up this routine, it was time for him to toss the garter.


Notice how he's aiming it?  Yeah, this didn't work out.  Neither did the 5 other times he attempted to "toss it!"


I think the guys needed to be a little more proactive, but apparently, nobody was that gung-ho about being the next to get married.

Finally, the boyfriend of my bridesmaid who caught the bouquet ended up getting his hands on it. 



This was the cue for our photographers to call it a night.  I actually wished that we would have booked them for the last hour and a half, because it was a blast!  There was a ton of dancing, a chant for the DJ to play one more song, and a quick getaway on the trolley.  Fortunately, my friends love taking pictures, so stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Our tossing of the things went super awkward... AKA - girls caught both the bouquet and garter. Yeah, super awkward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. Oh well - glad it was a great night! I hope you have pictures of the trolley getaway.

    Jessica - haha. I would love to hear how that happened?

    ReplyDelete