Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Things I love: PUMPKINS

Tomorrow is the first full day of Fall, and I am SO EXCITED.  There are so many things I love about this season, but today, I'm focusing on one thing:

PUMPKINS.

I love pumpkins.  LOVE THEM.  They're so festive, and such a sure sign of Fall. I love going to our local orchard and picking them with K.  Yes, we're children.

I love carving them.

One of my few hidden talents is that I am a pretty good pumpkin carver.  K picks out a design, and I carve.  Yes, I use a stencil.  I said I was pretty good, not really good.

**Note: I carved that pumpkin in tribute to the Three Wolf Moon T-Shirt.  If you are unversed in this amazing phenomenon, please read this.  (Only for those who like funny things.  This is via my favorite gossip blog, Dlisted).

I seriously think K wants me to carve pumpkins just so he can con me into baking pumpkin seeds.  I love pumpkin seeds, but I usually eat so many that I end up feeling sick.  Pumpkin fail.

I love pumpkin in other forms, too.

Pumpkin spice cookies.  I seriously will flip out when my grocery store starts selling these.

Source

I love pumpkin cheesecake.  If you can go to the Cheesecake Factory, buy theirs.  It is amaaazing.  If you don't have one near you, make it yourself using this recipe

Source

I did this 2 years ago and it was surprisingly simple.  Paula Deen KNOWS how to cook.  Use a water bath.  That's all you really need to know about making cheesecakes. 
 
Pumpkin scented candles are amazing.

Source
And of course...

Source
Honestly, does it even need an introduction?  The Pumpkin Spice Latte screams Fall.  Although I have to say, I tried Starbucks' Toffee Mocha and I almost blew a gasket.  I think I found a new favorite drink (sorry PSL).

Are you excited for Fall?  Or am I just weird?  Don't answer that.

9 comments:

  1. Oh my dang, me too. I can't get enough pumpkin, ever. My obsession gets a bit stalker crazy in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need the Toffee Mocha PRONTO. My fave pumpkin treat: pumpkin gooey bars from Paula Deen. I make them every year. TO DIE FOR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE FALL! My husband and I love taking his kids (my stepkids!) to the pumpkin patch! One year he carved my name into the pumpkin. We usually get stencils too...I found some Steelers ones a few months ago online...cant wait to use them! Love all things to eat with pumpkin too...cookies, pie, that cheesecake sounds great!

    Your pumpkins look awesome! But so much for Fall weather...it was 90 here today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not only do I love to carve pumpkins, my current new obsession as of late is trying to make pumpkin spice lattes at home

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Layla: So glad I'm not alone on the pumpkin crazy train!

    @Jessica: YES try the toffee mocha! Also, I need to make those pumpkin gooey bars! I love Paula.

    @D.Marie: Where did you find the Steelers stencils?! I've been looking for Pens ones with no luck.

    @peachyplum: I gotta get some pumpkin syrup and give that a try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything pumpkin too!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please save some pumpkin seeds for me!! Yours are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey again Steelers fan!

    I think I bought them online...

    http://news.steelers.com/catalog/product/93490/

    ReplyDelete
  9. @D. Marie: Thank you so much for the link!!

    ReplyDelete