Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Burgh Wedding: Fun and sweaty times at Station Square

For those of you not familiar with the awesomeness that is Pittsburgh, Station Square is a pretty large area on the South shore of the city.  Station Square is home to a slew of nightclubs (oh hai, early 20's), bars, restaurants, shopping, and of course, scenic views.  There's a history behind it too, but that's a public access TV post for another day.

I really like the Sheraton, and the views, so I figured it was a perfect combo for our wedding day activities. 

The week before our wedding, it rained bathtubs of water.  I had a talk with myself, and came to the inevitable conclusion that yes, it was going to rain on our wedding day.  I was honestly OK with it.  I mean, I've lived in the Burgh for 15+ years, I'm used to our less than beautiful skies.

Well Pittsburgh threw us a freakin' bone, because it was UNREAL how beautiful of a day we had!  The skies were bright blue and cloudless, and it was hot.  Sweaty hot.  Not that I was complaining, bring on the sun!

My posse and I.  I've never had a posse, it was exciting.

We walked our sweaty rears back to the hotel, and awaited the limo in the lobby.  We felt like an installation piece, everyone kept walking by and staring, looking confused.  C'mon people, like you've never seen a bride sit in a hotel lobby with her well dressed female posse?  (I promise I won't use the word posse again). 

Picture by bridesmaid S
The limo arrived, my bridesmaids PULLED me into the limo last, and we were off to the church.  My last moment in the "single, never married" box, captured by MOH C.  Of course I'm making an awkward hand gesture, why wouldn't I be?!


Next up. the guys take some pretty sweet pictures.

3 comments:

  1. I love the backdrop for the pics! It looks like there is a giant robot behind you...what is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous and I love the bridesmaids dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies!

    Layla, I think it's a giant steel railroad related machine thing, for decoration. Or a robot, because that's a way better explanation!

    ReplyDelete