Friday, August 20, 2010

Wedding Tip: Send an Invite to the White House

Did you know if you send a wedding invite to the President and First Lady, you'll receive a little congratulatory note in return?  It's hand addressed by someone in the correspondence office, which impressed me most of all.  Hey, I know how tiring it can be to write out addresses.  Ugh.  Anyway, this little note is actually pretty exciting to receive!


The signatures are actually in ink; I'm assuming they use an autopen.  Even so, it makes the note feel pretty authentic.

Want one of your own?  Just send your wedding invitation to:

The President & Mrs. Obama
The White House
Greetings Office, Room 39
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20502

Already married?  Well, apparently you can send birth announcements to the white house, too.  They'll send you a very similar note, which makes for a great keepsake.  My mom did this for my brother, and I'm pretty sure they still have the note from the Clinton's.  Even if you're not planning on having kids for awhile (like us), it might be a fun gift for a niece/nephew/baby of a friend.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had done that! Never even thought of it. Did think about sending one to Paula Deen though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup we did this! We also sent one to Mickey and Minnie Mouse and they sent us a large autographed photo of themselves made out to us!

    ReplyDelete