Monday, August 23, 2010

Things I Love: Hair Edition

I'm obsessed with beauty products.  It's a serious debilitating affliction.  Don't even get me STARTED on makeup; going over my favorite makeup products will take me awhile.  I do have time, however, to go over some of my favorite hair products/tools.

I'm definitely not one of those girls who always has awesome hair.  I'm terrible at styling it and making it look all perfect and whatnot.  HOWEVER, (before you hit the X on this post), I am really good at getting my naturally half wavy/half curly, frizzy hair to be straight and shiny.

Maybe this doesn't come off as a big accomplishment, but seriously guys, my hair's freakin' fried. Why?  Oh, hmm... let's take a trip down memory lane:


Please take a look at my various hair colors, ranging from au naturel (auburn-ish) in 2005, to blonde, to BLACK, to red, to blonde, to BLEACH, to red, to dark brown, to my current light brown.

My hair is fried.

But I can still get it straight and shiny.

I'm in the middle.  See?  Not too bad.
Thanks to the following:

1. Paul Mitchell's Super Skinny Serum

Source

Paul, I love you.  We buddies.  This is Paul Mitchell's Super Skinny Serum.  This stuff is AMAZING CLEAR GOLD.  Just a nickel sized amount for my thick hair will have my 'do looking sleek and shiny.  I just distribute it evenly through wet hair and blow dry.  So amazing.  AND it smells like kiwi.  Win.

2. Pureology Hydrate System (Shampoo and Conditioner)

Source

I just love Pureology products.  This is the best shampoo and conditioner I've ever used.  It really seems to work, making my hair soft and not-so-fried.  It also kinda tingles when you put it on, which really makes me feel like it works!  It's pretty expensive, but I really think you get what you pay for when it comes to shampoo and conditioner.  I've seen this brand sold at Target, though I'm really hesitant to buy any salon brand shampoos anywhere other than a salon or Ulta-type store.  My friend is a hairstylist, and my mom used to be one as well.  They both tell me salon shampoos sold at grocery stores/Wal-Mart/Target are watered down.  True?  Not true?  Who knows, but I usually get this stuff from Ulta when I have a coupon.                                    

Even more important than products though... I'm saving the best for last.  Behold, the answer to your frizzy hair needs:

3. The TurboIon Croc Wet to Dry Straightener

Source

This, my friends, is the Croc (no, not the shoe).  I am telling you, this is the WORLD'S BEST STRAIGHTENER.  BEST.  Get it?  I'm serious.   Chi, move over.  Honestly, the Chi can't even compete with this bad boy!  First of all, it gets SUPER hot (450 degrees) and has these really sleek, vented, ceramic plates.  It heats up in seconds, and it maintains heat really well.  It has a digital display, and oh, did I mention this particular model works on damp hair?  I'm not paid by this company I SWEAR,  I just love it so much I want everyone to know how great it works!  My friend from South Florida uses this and her thick hair is always pin straight.  If South Florida's awful humidity isn't testament enough, I don't know what is!  Oh, and it's apparently on sale for $70 on Amazon, which is awesome, considering mine was $85.

So anyway, those are my favorite hair products/accessories/tools/whatever in a nutshell.
Do you have any favorites you want to tell me about?  Please?  I need an excuse to try something new!

1 comment:

  1. The thing that gets me is you look great in EVERY single color. Haha. I've never dyed or permed my hair but still get that frizz and I swear by Chi's silk infusion.

    ReplyDelete