Friday, August 20, 2010

I've been everywhere....(at least on the East Coast. Except for Maine).

I LOVE to travel.  Not only do I love to see new places, try new foods and experience new things; I am a plan-a-holic.  Type A all the way.  Planning trips really satiates my inner control freak planner. I never went anywhere really adventurous for awhile, because I used to be completely terrified of flying (more on that later).  I'm over my fears, and now I actually really like to fly!  Road trips, however, still hold a special lil place in my heart.


There's not much better than packing up the car, making an awesome road trip mix, and setting out (with snacks, of course) to go somewhere fun and exciting.  Once K and I drove from Pittsburgh to Florida.  I wouldn't recommend trying to do that in one night like we did.  Fail.  It was worth the pictures though.

We were actually thoroughly annoyed with each other in this picture.  That's what happens when you drive all night to south Florida from Pittsburgh.   But look how pretty!
One of the most excellent road trips I ever went on involved Florida, though.  My friends from Florida and I once took a road trip from South Florida to Pittsburgh.  I flew one way to Florida, and we left from there.  We mapped out a really fun route, staying overnight in Jacksonville, having lunch on River Street in Savannah, Georgia, and staying overnight in Charlotte, NC.  Anyone from Charlotte out there?  I just love your city. 

Savannah, Georgia.
 The most recent road trip I went on was actually this past weekend.  My friend M and I went to Raleigh, NC to visit her sister. K was supposed to come, but couldn't get off work. M's boyfriend was supposed to come too, but he was stuck at work as well.  Boo weekend jobs.  I got to meet my movie crush, which helped ease my disappointment.

Edward Cullen and I.  Very excited.
I went to NC with the blessing of my husband under ONE condition:  I bring back some North Carolina BBQ.  Ummm... not a problem.

Little Richard's is so amazing. SO AMAZING.  Real Carolina barbecue with the "Lexington" sauce? (It's this  vinegar based sauce... I have no idea what's in it, but please serve me everything coated in this.  K thx). Yes, please.

All in all, this road trip was pretty successful.  I even saw a man walking down the street with a GIANT inflatable monkey.  I have a thing for inflatable monkeys, if you couldn't tell.

Win.

My next trip is going to be to Belgium this fall.  I obviously won't be driving there.  It's my first independent business trip, and I'm pretty excited.  This trip is one of my main reasons for starting this blog, and I can't wait to share my first European adventure with everyone!  Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. Shut. The. Front. Door. Me and my roommates had a life size Taylor Lautner. He still stands at the top of the stairwell in their house! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete