Thursday, August 19, 2010

I'm a glutton for punishment

We all have goals in life.  My long-time goal was to get my degree.

I just finished undergrad in May, after seven, trying years.  Yes, seven years.  This is what happens when you switch majors 5 times, switch schools 3 times, and get a full time job.

I finished though.  It took waking up at 4 am so I could finish work early enough to get to class... but I did it. (Did I mention I commuted to school 75 minutes away?  I told you I was a glutton for punishment).  I have my bachelor's degree in business, but now, I want more.

I applied to grad school this month, and I'm happy to say I was accepted!  I start this Fall.  Hey, when I decide to do something, I jump right in, ya know?

Getting my MBA will be a huge accomplishment for me, and hopefully further me in my career.  Besides, I want more opportunities to have pictures of me looking goofy/elated in an ill fitting cap and gown.

That's my current goal, and I'm sticking to it... hopefully, for only two years!


Anyone else continuing their education, or planning to continue sometime in the future?

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATS! That's awesome. AND, it makes me feel better that I'm now entering my 7 year of undergrad studies. You give me hope that I'll actually finish one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no doubt that you'll finish! No shame in being on the Van Wilder plan :)

    ReplyDelete